Thursday, January 10, 2013

Boys and Girls

I'm in the third chapter of Captivating by John and Stasi Eldridge, and I have been struck by one of the ideas that they really support. The idea that men and women each have a specific question that they ask themselves, the answer of which will reflect pieces of the nature of God which has been embedded within themselves.

Boys ask 'Do I have what it takes?'

Girls ask 'Am I lovely?'

I really think that this is interesting. I am really enamored with this book. The story is somewhat heart wrenching at times. I cannot imagine some of the agony that we place on women at times. It has to stop. This generation needs to rise up, take hold of it's responsibility, and come alive to protect the rights of people. The Church needs to rise to be City on a Hill.

No comments:

Post a Comment